There is so much stuff to get when you are expecting right? When expecting a baby it is easy to become excited by almost every baby product you see – from the very cute clothes to the adorable milk bottles to exciting toys. But are all of these things important and necessary?
As a mom and dad, you always want the best for your baby. One important thing that you should consider buying is a nursery glider. What is a nursery glider? Is it budget friendly? Do nursery gliders under $100 exist?
Nursery Gliders Under $100: Best Deals Today
Nursery gliders are made of quality materials and practical features. They are usually expensive. But here are some best nursery gliders under $100 that are available today:
SoBuy Haotian Relaxing Rocking Chair with Foot Rest
The SoBuy Rocking Chair can still be considered as a nursery glider because gliders are types of rocking chairs. It provides comfort because of its padded seat and reclined back seat. It has a modern design that can complement other furniture.
- Relaxing rocking chair with comfortable cushion.
- Integrated footrest, adjust to 5 positions to meet different demands.
- Armrest Frame: Birch veneer, clear acrylic lacquer. Cover is washable by upholstery shampoo.
- Cushion Color: white, also available for red and cream; Maximum load: 120kg.
- Mats on the bottom of the chair leg to prevent the floor from damage (self-adhesive).
SoBuy Haotian Comfortable Relax Rocking Chair
Another from SoBuy, this nursery glider provides comfort from head to toe. It has a padded seat with adjustable foot rest and side pockets. It does not have a padded arm rest, though.
- Modern comfortable relax rocking chair lounge chair.
- Stable frame made of birch wood with varnished coating.
- Cover with zip, removable and washable.
- Dimensions: See picture. Weight: 10kg. Load capacity: 120kg.
- It comes in a flat pack. Self-assembly required. Detailed instructions included. Do not ship to the Channel Islands.
Factors to consider when buying nursery gliders
Looking for nursery glider under $100 could really be a challenge. If you want a real glider, your budget should be higher than $100. They usually cost $150 – $500 depending on the brand and materials used. The more features a baby glider has, the more expensive it is.
It is not wrong to look for more affordable nursery gliders. But make sure that you examine the important criteria in buying. What are these criteria?
Wide padded armrests
Your arms need more amount of support to hold your baby or else it can get very uncomfortable. Using a nursing pillow alone can be challenging too.
That is why it important to look for nursery gliders with wide padded armrests. They should be sturdy enough and can support your arms and baby’s weight.
Another thing is the strong frame which won’t easily break and can support maximum weight. It is also an investment and can be a lifetime furniture inside your home.
Examine the strength of the frame by checking for sharp edges, moving parts or gaps in the frame. These factors can affect the sturdiness of nursery gliders.
The major reason why you need a nursery glider is comfort. Therefore, it should have a padded seat and provide support for the back and head.
It should also have enough room so you can move comfortably or change positions easily. The side pockets are also good considerations when buying. They provide ease of access and organize baby items.
Easy to clean
Spit ups and drool are normal during the first months of your baby’s life. A nursery glider should be easy to clean. Removable and washable covers are factors that make a nursery glider that’s easy to clean.
Another thing that can add to the comfort of a nursery glider is a matching ottoman. It is a padded stool that serves as footrest. An Ottoman also moves with motion, same as the nursery glider.
Another important tip when buying a nursery glider is to check the overall product details and manufacturers’ support and warranty.
Some quality nursery gliders
The following are three highly recommended nursery gliders that are not as cheap as $100 but are just slightly more and can be as sturdy and as comfortable as the most expensive brands:
Windsor Glider and Ottoman
This is a perfect pair that comes in gray and white colors. Its design can perfectly match many interiors and décor. But more than that, it provides overall comfort with padded arm rests, seats and side pockets.
- Generous seating room with padded arms and storage pockets
- Removable chair cushions for easy spot cleaning
- Windsor glider and matching ottoman in white finish with gray cushions. Fabric Care Instructions - Do not machine wash, Spot Clean
- The glider and ottoman pieces have solid wood frames for stability
Stork Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman
By the looks of the Storks Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman, it is very comfortable and provides a generous seat and arm rests. It has sturdy construction too that supports many body weights.
The back and seat cushions are easy to clean. It costs a little over $100 and can be a good competitor among the more expensive brands.
- PREMIUM COMFORT: The Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman offers you generous seating room, comfortable padded arm cushions with convenient storage pockets, and enclosed metal ball bearings for a smooth gliding motion to gently rock you and your little one to relaxation
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Each padded arm cushion includes a convenient storage pocket to hold any reading materials or essentials you need to keep within arm’s reach
- MULTIPLE COLORS: Designed to match any nursery, this glider is available in multiple cushion and base colors so it will match your style and blend seamlessly with the rest of your nursery furniture including including cribs, changing tables, dressers, mattresses, beds, and bunk beds.
- SIZE: Maximum recommended weight (250 pounds); Length (29 inches); Height (40 inches); Width (27.5 inches); Seat width (18 inches); Seat depth (18 inches); Seat height (17.5 inches); Ottoman length (16 inches); Ottoman height (14.5 inches); Ottoman width (20 inches)
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: This product requires assembly; base of glider made of solid hardwood material
Naomi Home Mateo Wood & Upholstered Glider and Ottoman Set
The Naomi Home Mateo Glider comes with a matching padded ottoman that will provide comfort and many years of gliding pleasure. The luxurious fabrics is soft to the touch, providing the ultimate experience in comfort. Because this glider uses ball bearings, it is one of the smoothest and quietest gliders out there!
- ULTIMATE COMFORT – The Mateo Glider comes with a matching Ottoman, with padded cushion will provide Comfort and Many Years of Gliding Pleasure. The luxurious fabrics is soft to the touch, providing the ultimate experience in comfort.
- SMOOTH GLIDE – The steel ball bearing glide system provides a smooth gliding motion that will ensure years of worry free gliding. It is designed to provide an easy glide with minimal noise for optimum cradling when putting the baby to sleep.
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Not only is our glider and ottoman comfortable, but it comes complete with all tools necessary for Assembly. With minimal parts, putting together this glider is a cinch!
- STURDY BUILD – Crafted by our engineers with solid hardwood construction for stability and longevity.
- Glider Dimensions 40" H x 30" W x 24.5" L ; Ottoman Dimensions 13" H x 19.5" W x 15.75" L
Conclusion: Nursery Gliders Under $100
There are more quality nursery gliders that you can choose from. Keep in mind the above mentioned criteria so you can buy the nursery glider you need at a more affordable price. Make sure to check out our Nursery Glider Buying Guide for additional affordable nursery gliders.