Normally, babies cry in different situations. There are a lot of different reasons behind the irritation and crying of the baby. No doubt, it is normal for a baby to cry, but parents should not leave him/her crying without knowing the specific reason. There are a lot of different reasons like the baby can be hungry, just wants the attention or wants stimulation.
Being a mom or a dad is not easy. You should know and understand the reason for which your baby is crying. If your baby is crying you can do many things to soothe and calm him. This first step is to know the reason of crying, once you removed the reason he will be calm and happy.
Reasons and Remedies
- One reason that is more common in the crying babies is that they cry when they are hungry. It is difficult to set the eating time for your newborn baby in the early stages. So, feed him when he is crying and he will be calm after getting his food.
- This is another common reason. If the diaper of the baby is dirty he will become irritated. So check the diaper on your baby frequently and change it if he is crying because of a wet diaper.
- Sometimes a baby finds it difficult to pass the gas and start crying. In this situation you should burp him to pass the gas, patting his back and folding the legs of the baby towards the tummy few times in paddling motion can help him to get relaxed.
- A baby can’t bear the weather conditions as his parents can do. So, the reason crying can be that the baby is feeling hot or cold. Especially in winter add an extra layer of cloths to your baby and he will be calm soon.
- An overtired baby is also difficult to handle. Keep track of his sleeping patterns and day naps. Take him to the bed if he is yawning.
- It is a fact that baby needs attention and change in scenery, so talking to him and staring in his eyes can calm him or you can take him to the other room also.
- If nothing of this working he may be sick, take him to the doctor for proper checkup.
If your baby is crying for no reason you can do different things to entertain and calm him.
- Babies like motion. If your baby is crying carry him in his lap and walk in the room or take him to the driving. Rocking chairs are best for calming a baby with motion.
- Most of the babies like different noises and sounds. Some babies like the specific tone of the music. So, when your baby is crying talks to him in a loud voice or play some music with loud sound. Some babies like the sound of hair dryer and vacuum cleaner you can try these sounds also.
- Sometimes the baby just wants to suck something. If you see that the baby is trying to put his figure in his mouth to suck, give your little finger in his mouth. Another great way is to give him the pacifier, because most of the babies stop crying when they get a pacifier.
Conclusion on how to calm a crying baby
It is true that the parents can’t bear that their baby keeps crying, but sometimes a baby keeps crying without any reason because he just want to cry. If you come to know that your baby is crying for no reason place him in his swing and gives him time to cry. It is a fact that crying can help the baby in strengthening his lungs.